Thursday, July 21, 2011

On Power and Responsibility

"But you need to let go of your inhibitions and accept the reality you have wished for. You are the Wish Maker. You are a magician of such strength, that your desires manifest into reality at the drop of a hat. This is most likely your creation as is all of the joys and struggles you have experienced in the past." --Excerpt from Chapter Seven of my Writing Project: "Rise of the Magician"

What does power mean to you? Is it influence over the masses? Is it being in complete control of every facet of your life? It is a special gift allowing you access to the forces that permeate the worlds seen and unseen? Or is it being able to stay centered and focused no matter what happens in your life?

Whatever power means to you, the point is how you use it.

How would you use power? Would you use it to start a revolution? Would you use it to ascend in consciousness? Would you use it to inspire great change? Would you use to to fill your ego? Would you use it for your own personal gain? Would you use it to have earthly advantage over others? Would you create joy and love? Or would you create a new life for yourself?

I have considered using my own personal power for all of these reasons and more. Throughout my life, I have desired some great power to control my life and live higher than "lowly mortals". I have also thought of using it for philanthropy and enlivening others. But ultimately, now that I actually am in touch with a degree of my power, I use it to cultivate joy within myself and others. I see myself on the paths of Happiness and LovingKindness and try my bst to use such a path to further those in my life that are suffering, hurt, depressed, or simply downtrodden.

I have seen much pain and suffering, not just in my own life, but in the lives of many others. People not realizing their own power and then sacrificing it for the comforts of their own phobias and despair. This makes my heart ache.

I recently went out with a man, who was a beautiful soul and awakening on the path to his own power, and yet something happened with him. After a very intimate moment where our energies merged momentarily and we felt our presences in a higher state, he broke down. He began to talk about how life had suddenly turned downhill for him and that nothing seemed to turn out right. That it was he was somehow cursed or tormented.

With the highest amount of sympathy I could manage in that moment, I tried to console him, yet I told him outright that this was of his own making. His desires, his emotions, his beliefs and his thoughts had all been used in such a way as to focus on negativity and that in turn had attracted pain into his life. And yet, there was hope.

Despite the fact that our states of suffering are self-created, there is equal liberation in the thought that we can create even greater happiness and fulfillment for ourselves, and instead of living in a personal Hell, make a Heaven on Earth for ourselves.

I may not have reached my personal heaven yet, but I can testify to the fact that I have ascended far beyond my own despair and that I am living an enchanted life for it. And the best part? Anyone can do it too. We can all accept our power, instead of give it away, and then we can choose to use it with responsibility.

We do have the power to create bliss, to live with purpose, to connect ourselves to our spiritual center, and to manifest miracles. It is in the core of our being. I keep saying that Man is God on Earth, and I wholeheartedly believe it. Just as I create synchronicities in my life and find ecstasy in that, so may everybody else see that they too can create what they desire.

Something as small as a smile can literally change the world. A kind word to another can uplift them to a higher sense of awareness. And an act of service can enliven people to make a difference. That is our power. That is our purpose. One does not need Psychokinesis or super-powers to be powerful and change the world. It all lies in the Body, the Heart and the Mind governed under Spirit, the Soul we all share.

LVX Amor!

1 comment:

  1. I think someone along the way helped you realize this ;) -Bryan Porter

    ReplyDelete